H+R provide a range of services to private householders and property owners.
The service available is equally applicable to owners of modest properties or custodians of Stately Homes.
Our involvement in a project can generate significant savings in provisional sums set aside for remedial treatments and also in project programme. We are used to working in occupied buildings or those open to the public and we have developed investigative techniques that are minimally invasive and non-destructive. We are highly regarded by insurers, mortgage lenders and loss adjustors.
Services available to private owners include:
- Pre-purchase surveys in order to manage risk
- Specialist material condition and performance investigations with a focus on timber, masonry and damp penetration
- Specifications for remedial repair and refurbishment
- Environmentally sound remedial advice avoiding the use of chemicals and inappropriate proprietary systems
- Information suitable for planning, refurbishment and costing purposes
- Information on latent defects relevant to damp and decay affecting the exterior condition including masonry, pointing, roof coverings, DPCs, ground levels and rainwater goods
- Information on the extent and nature of timber decay (fungal and insect) and its effect on refurbishment