H+R regularly provide support to fellow industry professionals such as architects, structural engineers, quantity surveyors and project managers.
Our specialist building material condition and performance investigations better informs design teams before and during projects. In addition, we provide risk management and value engineered solutions together with specialist support to loss adjusters and insurers with an emphasis on fire and flood.
H+R have long-standing experience in providing specialist building material condition investigations in historic and contemporary structures. We continue to innovate and pride ourselves on working at the ‘sharp end’. Our minimally invasive and non-destructive surveying techniques are especially suitable for historic buildings or those under occupation.
Our staff members include professionally qualified individuals from a range of disciplines including architecture, surveying, pathology, wood science, chemistry, environmental science and arboriculture. Their abilities combined with our technical resources allow us to deploy an in-depth level of support performing to programme and budget.
Services available to professionals include:
- Specialist material condition and performance investigations covering whole building failure with a focus on timber, masonry, render, roof coverings, DPCs, rainwater goods and damp penetration
- Specifications for remedial repair and refurbishment
- Environmentally sound remedial advice avoiding the use of chemicals and inappropriate proprietary systems
- Information suitable for risk management, planning, refurbishment and QS purposes
- Information on timber condition and vulnerability to decay covering structural and secondary elements
- Information on penetrating damp and ‘moisture reservoirs’ and their effect on refurbishment in relation to risk management and asset value protection
- Information on condensation risk analysis and ventilation pathways